Re: [gtk-list] Glib-Warning: getpwuid ?

Marc Gloor wrote:
>After compiling and linking my application statically against Gtk, Gdk and
>Glib, there are some problems with glib if I run the binary.

This has bitten me too, I now make a static binary like this:

LIBS = -Wl,-Bstatic -ltiff -lz -ljpeg -lXm -lXpm -lXt -lXmu \
  -L/usr/local/lib -L/usr/X11R6/lib -lgtk -lgdk -rdynamic -lgmodule -lglib \
  -Wl,-Bdynamic -ldl -Wl,-Bstatic -lXext -lX11 -lm -lSM -lICE -Wl,-Bdynamic

So static against everything but libc, libdl and /lib/ld-linux. Unless I make
libc dynamic, dlopen() stops working :( This also means I can't use
`gtk-config`:(

Does anyone have a better solution?

>Does anybody can help me?

:) Don't post html mail :)

John
--
John Cupitt, john.cupitt@ng-london.org.uk, +44 (0)171 930 2108
VASARI Lab, The National Gallery, Trafalgar Square, London, WC2N 5DN