Re: [gtk-list] Re: Widget questions

On Wed, 7 Jul 1999, Emmanuel DELOGET wrote:

>     The GTK+ FAQ provide a list of widgets (with the hierarchy).
>     You shoud habe a look at it.

  Thank you, Emmanuel, I forgot about that. Now I need to understand them
all.

>     I don't think that such a widget exist (but I may be wrong).
>     Adding a validator should not be so difficult (it could be
>     a glib object).

  Sigh. I was hoping to not write my own. I thought that with all sorts of
data entry front ends out there, someone would have already invented the
wheel.:-)

  Why a widget? If I call a C function wouldn't that run faster? I suppose
that I'd also have to have a table with masks for each field and do the
comparison against the applicable mask for each character entered in the
field. Groan! This looks like a major project in itself!

  Anyone want to help?

Rich

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc.
2404 SW 22nd Street
Troutdale, OR 97060-1247  U.S.A.
+ 1 503-667-4517 (voice) | + 1 503-667-8863 (fax)
rshepard@appl-ecosys.com
           Making environmentally-responsible mining happen.