2 Simple questions:

Hello gtk'ers

1: Is there a simple way to check if a specific key (shift) is pressed
    when I receive a mouse release event?
    I have looked a lot of places for this, so I hope it's not in the
docs.

2: Is anyone writing a widget like the one found in many popular 3d
    modeling packages it's the "the xy, zy, xz, other
view"container-widget
    that I'm looking for.
    I am currently using 3 panes - which is neither very pretty or very
    convenient. (And no I cannot just use a HBox and 2 VBoxes :) since I
need the
    container to be able to resize the children, both by grabbing the
center or
    either of the pseudo-panes).

Thanks for your time.

/Peter