Re: [gtk-list] GTK install on Solaris

I was just installing gtk and ran into the same sort of error on my red
hat 6.0, however, i believe the symptoms look similar.

im not sure why, but my problem was not in the installer finding
glib-config, but the library itself. try setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH as so (at
least for tcsh, other shells have a different method):

setenv LD_LIBRARY_PATH /usr/local/lib:/usr/lib:/loc/lang/glib-1.2.3/lib

if i'm guessing your directory structure right. also, delete config.cache
before running ./configure again.

good luck,
shantonu sen

|Shantonu Sen * (617)225-6778 * ssen@mit.edu|
|Electrical Engineering and Computer Science|
|Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 2002|