Re: [gtk-list] closing windows

On Mon, Jun 28, 1999 at 02:24:17PM -0400, Alexandre Sagala wrote:
> I have a problem I have a main window and  a another window that pops-up
> ( call it wondow2) on top when the user clicks a button. In window2 I
> have  a ok button and a cancel button . To kill the window when cnacle
> is clicked I do a
>

> gtk_signal_connect_object (GTK_OBJECT (button2),
> "clicked",GTK_SIGNAL_FUNC (gtk_widget_destroy),GTK_OBJECT (window));
>
> and it works but for the ok button on the click event I call up a
> function to check if all the info entered is ok but I wnt to kill the
> window and the same fucniton how can I do that????????????

Just pass the window you want to close after clicking the "ok" button as a
parameter to the fucntion you are calling, eg.

ok_cb (GtkWidget *widget, gpointer window)
{
	/* check data in widget... */

	/* close window */
	gtk_widget_destroy (GTK_WIDGET (window));
}

gtk_signal_connect (GTK_OBJECT (ok_button), "clicked", ok_cb, (gpointer) window);

me