Re: [gtk-list] Re: Perl/Gtk - Limits of the bindings?

On Wed, Jun 30, 1999 at 02:37:30PM +0000, Dermot Musgrove wrote:
> > $scrolled_window->set_policy('always');
> > or
> > $hscrollbar->set_update(policy('always');
> Now I'm confused, what is the difference between the scrolled_window
> policy and the scrollbar update policies? Glade gives properties for both
> the [hv]scrollbar_policy and [hv]update_policy - sorry to be so dim.

With $scrolled_window->set_policy you update both the h and v scrollbar
policy.

> I think that you can get the scrollbars of a scrolled_window in C using
> gtk_scrolled_window->hscrollbar (and vscrollbar) but this is not bound.
> is there another way to get the scrollbars of a scrolled_window in order
> to set_update_policy?

Doh, I assumed {h,v}scrollbar  were exported: added to cvs.

> > >    I have been advised to use gdk_pixmap_colormap_create_from_xpm
> > >    instead which I reckon is not bound yet.

There are some functions missing: someone needs to review the gtk+
Changelog and report the functions missing from the binding
(and the gtk+ version they are available from).

> > > 7) With GtkImage, Glade has properties type & visual, how can I
> > >    handle these?

You use them when creating a Gtk::Gdk::Image, I presume.

> > > 8) I can replicate gtk_label_parse_uline but I cannot then call
> > >    gtk_label_set_pattern to underline the accelerator key of an
> > >    accel_label.

Ok, added parse_uline.

> > In the following version there will be an hash table holding the
> > keysym -> keyvalue mapping.
> Great news, I didn't fancy all that typing :-).

use Gtk::Keysyms;

$keyvalue = $Gtk::Keysyms{'Control_L'};

Maybe Gtk::Gdk::Keysyms would be a better name, but it's longer to type:-)

> I'm sorry but I have found one more - $toolbar->set_space_style('empty')

Added.

I'm building the debian potato packages with the updates right now...

lupus

lupus@debian.org                                     debian/rules