Perl/Gtk - Limits of the bindings?

Hi all,

I have emailed Kenneth Albanowski but I suppose that he is too busy to
answer my questions. Do any Perl/Gtk developers monitor this list?
I apologise in advance if these are my mistakes but, after grepping the
distributed files, I am stopped in the water.

I have written a perl module that reads Glade project files and
generates perl source (mostly Perl/Gtk calls) to construct the UI and
stubs for any missing signal handlers (Glade is of course the Gtk+ UI
builder written by Damon Chaplin). This means that I have been into
corners of Gtk that I would not, normally, have investigated :-)

I have come to a few dead ends and, since I don't know C or XS, I am not
able to discover more or extend or patch Perl/Gtk if that were necessary.

BTW I am using Gtk+ 1.2.0 and Perl-Gtk-0.5121 (and, incidentally, Glade
0.5.0). and I cannot find ways to do the following.

1) Gtk::ScrolledWindow->set_policy('never');
   error is "invalid Gtk::PolicyType never,
             expecting 'always', or 'automatic'".

2) Gtk::ScrolledWindow->set_update_policy('always', 'always');
   OR should that be
   Gtk::ScrolledWindow->hscrollbar->set_update_policy('always');
   Gtk::ScrolledWindow->vscrollbar->set_update_policy('always');

3) Gtk::AccelLabel->set_line_wrap();

4) Gtk::Label->set_line_wrap();

5) Gtk::Toolbar->set_space_style('empty'); or ('line')

6) I am having trouble creating pixmaps. Some widgets don't have
   windows and when I pack_start some I have problems doing:

   $work->{'window'} = $widget->get_toplevel->window;
   $work->{'style'} = Gtk::Widget->get_default_style->bg('normal');

   ($gdk_pixmap, $gdk_mask) = Gtk::Gdk::Pixmap->create_from_xpm(
       $work->{'window'}, $work->{'style'}, $found_filename);
   return new Gtk::Pixmap($gdk_pixmap, $gdk_mask);

   I have been advised to use gdk_pixmap_colormap_create_from_xpm
   instead which I reckon is not bound yet.

7) With GtkImage, Glade has properties type & visual, how can I
   handle these?

8) I can replicate gtk_label_parse_uline but I cannot then call
   gtk_label_set_pattern to underline the accelerator key of an
   accel_label.

9) There seems to be no way to use keysyms in a portable way, are
   you planning to bind these or is there another good way to go?

Glade now handles some Gnome widgets so a whole new world opens up :-)

I am sorry to make such a long posting but I really would appreciate any
help that people can offer, especially sources of documentation.

TIA, regards, Dermot