things about a canvas

Hello,

Sorry, but that gnome-list won't let me post it there unless I am
subscribed... (I am having a hard time reading the mail I get now,
already). So here it is:

I'm looking for a few things:

1. a method to connect one widget to another.

2. a function that can transfer GnomeCanvasses to a printable format:
PostScript or LaTeX.

details:

1. a method to connect one widget to another.

Image I have three widgets: a box a line and a box. When I move a box,
the line will stay connected to that box (the x and y positions relative
to the box may change). When I move the line, it should still stay
connected to the boxes, but the boxes may not move. (Get the picture?).
Widgets should behave a special way, according to the widget they are
connected to.

2. a function that can transfer GnomeCanvasses to a printable format:
PostScript or LaTeX.

Just render to another destination than the screen. I'd like it if the
text is not rendered but added to the picture as text (both LaTeX and PS
can do that)

Well, that's it.

Thanx,

_A_