Re: [gtk-list] HELP PLEASE!

Udo Giacomozzi wrote:

> I need to create a window. This window should contain some widgets. These
> widgets will be *fixed* size boxes (i.e. a text box). The widgets are
> connected to each other with lines. To be exact, these boxes represent
> modules and the lines are pipes that connect the modules.
>
> What I need to do (and don't know how) now is:
> 1 - create a new widget (the box). This widget has fixed a width and height
> and should be possible to move with the mouse.
> 2 - draw lines to these widgets

This looks like a job for GnomeCanvas. You can add widgets, lines and other
shapes to it and scroll it any which way. But it isn't in GTK+. It's in Gnome.

GtkLayout, which GnomeCanvas is based on, is in GTK+, but it only supports
child widgets. You'll have to handle the lines yourself.

I think there was a nice program called dia for editing diagrams, which is
similar to yours. There's probably a link to it in the GTK+ Application
Repository.

Damon