Re: Using Xinput support with SGI problem with gxid ...

Maximilien Lincourt <max@toonboom.com> writes:

> --------------8A4FCAE7DA2912A5E8A0938D
>

>  Hello,
>
>  Did anyone tried the XInput Support for gtk on an SGI O2 running
> Irix6.5 ?
>
>  I always have this error  :
>
> X Error of failed request:  BadDevice, invalid or uninitialized input
>                             device
>   Major opcode of failed request:  132 (XInputExtension)
>   Minor opcode of failed request:  12 (X_ChangePointerDevice)
>   Serial number of failed request:  21
>
> I'm using a Intuos Tablet...
>
>  If no one ever tried this, I'll look into it more deeply when
> I have the time, it's not a life threatening situation anyway !

I haven't really tested gxid recently, and not at all on
anything but XFree86.

What this probably indicates is that XListInputDevices on
your system is listing some devices that aren't suitable
for passing to XChangePointerDevice, but they aren't
being caught in the checks in init_device().

Probably this means that there needs to be a .gxidrc file
or something that specifies what devices are valid.

Regards,
                                        Owen