Color in Entry

He,
I have a little problem with colors  in GtkWidget. We will show which
entry are nort editable by a color. So we set the base color to yellow.
This works fine. But I will remove the widget from the tabgroup, so I
set the entry to nosensitive., it works fine too, but the color is now
grey. Why?
By the way, can I read about all the colors I can set ( bg, fg, base,
text), or better is there a picture which the colors-type in a widget?
Apropos Tabgroups- can I define my own tabgroup for a dialog?
Thanks Bernd