Re: [gtk-list] Introspection not completely implemented

On Thu, 18 Feb 1999 andrew@cogent.ca wrote:

> I have noticed that many of the GTK+ widgets are incompletely
> implemented - the introspection information is largely absent.  That
> is, the argument definitions (name, type, R/W access) are not being
> set in the _class_init() functions, and the _get_arg and _set_arg
> functions have not been implemented.  I cannot think of a good design
> reason why these are not done, so I'll assume that they just haven't
> been tackled yet.  I am working on a project that wants complete
> introspection information available for all widgets, so ...
>
> Is anybody working on this?  If not, what must I do to ensure that if
> I write 1000 lines of introspection code it will be integrated into
> the overall GTK+ release?  I am willing to do this, I just need to
> know how to submit it when it is done.

we´ve been slowly adding widget arguments as time permits.
you might want to look at gle which is in GNOME CVS, it
displays the widget tree of a certain window and lets you
fire up a widget editor where you can edit all available
widget erguments.

to help us out on the widget argument implementation, please
take a widget that doesn´t yet implement widget arguments and
post the patch here or load it up to ftp.gtk.org. valid
contributions will usually be intergrated into the main
gtk+ desitribution without problems. however, please don´t
patch up 10 or 20 widgets and provide one mega patch.

> Andrew Thomas

---
ciaoTJ