Re: Introspection not completely implemented

andrew@cogent.ca writes:

> I have noticed that many of the GTK+ widgets are incompletely
> implemented - the introspection information is largely absent.  That
> is, the argument definitions (name, type, R/W access) are not being
> set in the _class_init() functions, and the _get_arg and _set_arg
> functions have not been implemented.  I cannot think of a good design
> reason why these are not done, so I'll assume that they just haven't
> been tackled yet.  I am working on a project that wants complete
> introspection information available for all widgets, so ...
>
> Is anybody working on this?  If not, what must I do to ensure that if
> I write 1000 lines of introspection code it will be integrated into
> the overall GTK+ release?  I am willing to do this, I just need to
> know how to submit it when it is done.

It won't be integrated before 1.2, since that is coming
out extremely soon, but yes, if you submit patches that
add missing arguments, they will be integrated.

For submission:

 1) Submit in small pieces. One patch for each widget.

 2) Upload the submissions to ftp.gtk.org/pub/incoming
    and follow the instructions in the README there.

Regards,
                                        Owen