Re: [gtk-list] Re: GTK not working remotely

Richard Mitchell wrote:

> Replying to my own post, must be late, I've discovered more about
> the X Server I'm running, it's MI/X under Windows, it's an X11R6
> server and I can add fonts to it, any idea how I can find out which
> fonts are causing the problem or will I have to go convert all the
> fonts?

I've played with MI/X, and it does not understand font servers
at all. I just bit the bullet and copies all of the fonts from
/usr/lib/X11/fonts/misc over (after converting from .pcf.gz to .bdf)
in order to get gtk programs working. The font directory is now
arount 4.7Mb in size.

It still can cause problems with a whole range of errors (crashing,
request too large, have to start a program twice, ...)