Re: [gtk-list] Re: FLI/AVI videos

Andreas Tille wrote:

> On Sat, 6 Feb 1999, Jan Kellmer wrote:
>
> > I want to show some FLIs in my GTK+ app. Is somebody working on a
>
> > widget that can display :-)?
>
> > I think the answer to the above question is simple NO. So how do I get
>
> > the window ID to hand it over to xanim (the +Wid option) ?
>
> Sorry, I havn't any useful answer for you but only a suggestion.  We
>
> should try to initiate a "libFLI" and a "libAVI" project, which
>
> doesn't exist up to this time as far as I know.  I'm also interested
>
> in this point and think this would be the better solution than to use
>
> xanim.

Of course,  a libFLI oder libAVI would be better than using xanim. But what

about the licensing of the different CODECS of the AVI file? I've looked through

the xanim sources and it seems that the CINEPAK, CREATIVE and INDEO CODECs

have a very special license.

I think for now (as long as the CODECs have such a strict license) it would

be more useful to have something like a gtk_xanim_widget, that hides the

XPropertyXXX communication mechanism.

I'm trying to write such a widget, but I'm new to gtk, so this will take

some time.

    Jan

PS: Now I know how to get the window id; but how does one get the absolute

position of an widget?