Re: [gtk-list] gtk---0.11.1 hello.cc compile errors

In message <36BC3F49.666A07B1@concentric.net>Corky writes
>Hello,
>

>gives the following errors:
>
>/usr/local/lib/libgtkmm.so: undefined reference to
>`gtk_style_apply_default_background'
>/usr/local/lib/libgtkmm.so: undefined reference to
>`gtk_toggle_button_set_active'
>/usr/local/lib/libgtkmm.so: undefined reference to
>`gtk_check_menu_item_set_active'
>collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

This means your gtk-- is too new for your gtk+.  Those undefined
references are names in gtk that were changes in the recent past.
They were gtk_*_set_state, they became gtk_*_set_active in gtk+ 1.1.13.
We are not trying to mantain compatablity with micro versions, so
only the latest gtk+ will work.

You can doctor gtk-- so that it uses the old names, or compile
the new gtk.

Hope this helps.

--Karl