gtkobject->ref_count ?

Hi.
I'm using gtk-1.1.12.
I've made a program, and it used to work. Now, after a little more coding,
i get
Gtk-CRITICAL **: file gtkobject.c: line 1172 (gtk_object_unref): assertion
`object->ref_count > 0' failed.

OK. What does this mean? I've been looking around, searching the docs,
dejanews, and the source. gtkobject.c refers me to the file REFCOUNTING,
which of course doesn't exist :)
So i'm still trying to understand what i've done wrong. This happens when
i'm trying to gtk_widget_unref() a drawing_area.

Another question i was have: how i can register button_press_events on a
drawing_area. It doesn't seem to work. I looked at the GIMP code and tried
to connect a function to the "event" event, and then check if it was a
button being pressed, and then checking if that button_event's->button==3
(is that a right-click? looked like it from the source), but nothing
happens.

Yet another question: if i connect some functions to a statically
defined widget, and then unref that widget and create a new one, will the
connections still work? I'm assuming they won't until someone tells me
otherwise:)

BTW: are all the messages from this mailinglist stored somewhere so i can
search through them before i ask here?

Ketil Froyn
--
The Heineken Uncertainty Principle:
        You can never be sure how many beers you had last night.

http://www.ifi.uio.no/~ketilf/
mailto:ketilf@ifi.uio.no