Re: [gtk-list] Re: electric eyes

On Mon, 1 Feb 1999, Maarten Afman wrote:

> You don't mean I have to install all *that* when I want to install
> Imlib? I thought those are merely optional for Imlib, that they speed up
> things. I know for sure that I need libpng, because that is what Imlib's
> configure tells me.
I didn't use a RedHat system (I prefere Debian) andd can't say anything
about RedHat dependencies.  In general:  You can install ImLib
without these libraries for different graphic formats.  _IF_ you
use libpng, then ImLib requires versions higher than 0.99 (correct me
if I'm wrong) but _NOT_ LibPNG 1.0.2 because it is wrong.  This is
what configure should tell you!
The only thing you need if you doesn't have all the libs is
ImageMagick.  If ImLib hasn't any method to load a file using the
graphic libs it uses convert to create a pnm file which is loaded afterwards.

The reason for your problems with the unresolved symbols is, that
something was compiled against an older version of ImLib.  In ImLib
1.8.2 and higher there are new names of internal functions which
replace the ones you mentioned in your initial posting.
Since Imlib 1.9.0 (??) there are pointers to the functions for
are stored separately in teh files io-<format>.c

Update all your necessary libraries (hopefully there are *.rpm's ??)
or recompile them and you will have success.

Kind regards

       Andreas.