Re: [gtk-list] Re: select text in GtkLabels

> > > possibility to select text in labels.
[...]
> > I suppose it's wiser to make a custom wodget for that
[...]
> Of course you can use a custom widget. But I want this behaviour for all
> labels.

	I've seen this feature, and I have to admit it's fairly useful.
Also, in Microsoft Outlook, you can double-click the name of the person
who sent you an email (or meeting invitation), which is a borderless
label, and it will bring that person up in your addressbook.  Labels which
receive events are cool.

	However, I think it should be made into a separate widget, or
perhaps an option to turn off the border on the TextEntry widget should be
added.  The GtkLabel has a very specific design and purpose, and being
selectable/windowed is not part of that design.

> There are of course problems, because labels are used for button texts
> and menus and all sort of things. But I'd still want it :)

	This is why the GtkLabel is not the widget to use in this
situation.  Either a new widget, or extending the TextEntry widget is
probably better.

> Happy new year everybody, and remember that the new year comes to us in
> Sweden before it comes to the USA :)

	Please email me if Armageddon does actually occur at midnight,
Dec. 31st.  That way I'll have time to repent :).

--Derek