Re: [gtk-list] RE: select text in GtkLabels

Thu Dec 30 1999, Arjan J. Molenaar ->
> > Just wondered if there is anyone considering (or working on) the
> > possibility to select text in labels. Often I find that I
> > want to select
> > for instance http addresses and paste them somewhere.
> >
> > I realize that this may mean that each label has to have its
> > own window
> > and a lot of other changes but it would really be good!
>
> I suppose it's wiser to make a custom wodget for that (like a GtkEditLine
> with no borders and the option to add text turned off, or better *with*
> borders, so the user can see there's something special about it)

Of course you can use a custom widget. But I want this behaviour for all
labels. It is that way in Windows, and I think it's a great feature.
The application using the label shouldn't need to worry what kind of
label it is. And for those who don't want it maybe it could be turned
off.

There are of course problems, because labels are used for button texts
and menus and all sort of things. But I'd still want it :)

Happy new year everybody, and remember that the new year comes to us in
Sweden before it comes to the USA :)

	n.

--
[ http://www.dtek.chalmers.se/~d95mback/ ] [ PGP: 0x453504F1 ] [ UIN: 4439498 ]
    Opinions expressed above are mine, and not those of my future employees.

PGP signature