Re: [gtk-list] GTK+ GUI target for emacs?

On Mon, 27 Dec 1999 03:34:48 CST, Will Benton <bentonw@stolaf.edu>  said:
> I guess I'm also wondering why this hasn't been done yet.  Is GTK that
> different from the other toolkits (or is the UI and the main app so
> tightly coupled in emacs) that this is really a major undertaking?

I can't speak for FSF Emacs, but the XEmacs crew was just discussing this
point.  The major hassle seems to be that the GTK event loop isn't compatible
with the Xt event loop (which is used by a lot of other stuff in XEmacs via
XtAddAppInput() to monitor other file descriptors/etc).

If this is incorrect, *please* let me know so I can pass the info along.

--
				Valdis Kletnieks
				Operating Systems Analyst

PGP signature