can't link gdk_window_foreign_new()

Hi all

For some reason I get an undefined ref. at link time to
gdk_window_foreign_new (  ...)
Does anyone have any idea why ? I mean, all other glib, gtk and gdk
functions resolve just fine. Doing an 'nm' on libgdk.* does indeed give this
function as an
entry. Is the fact that it is referenced in gdkx.h significant ?

The only program where I have found this function used is in testgtk, but
the relevant section (drag and drop) is #if' ed out from the compilation
sequence, and I haven't managed to get testgtk
compile with dnd. Very strange.

Regards,

Anders Moe