Re: [gtk-list] retaining size after gtk_widget_hide() & pass-thru events

Paul Barton-Davis <pbd@Op.Net> writes:

>     how can i get a window to retain its size even when the widget
>     that "gave" it a non-zero allocation is hidden ?

I _think_ turning off auto_shrink might do this... but don't expect it
to work. :-)

> 2) if two widgets overlap each other, is there anyway i can get
>    events that would normally be passed to the top one to go to the
>    bottom one ? and pretty please - don't say "use the GnomeCanvas" :)
>    Just changing the event mask for the window doesn't do
>    this. Well, i try to be optimistic :)

How do you get them to overlap? If the top one is the child, then
returning FALSE from the signal handler propagates the event to
the parent.

Havoc