[gtk-list] Re: GtkText

On Wed, 15 Dec 1999, Andy Kahn wrote:

<snip>
> Isn't Scintilla exactly that: a new text widget from scratch?

Exactly. And that is exactly what Gtk+ needs, at least according to
several individuals who have posted on this list. I think that since
Scintilla already exists, it would be a lot easier to take that and modify
it as needed then to write another one from scratch.

> A bit ambitious, but sounds good to me.  Good luck!

Thanks.

> regards,
> --andy

-Bradford Hovinen

"Prudence is a rich, ugly old maid courted by Incapacity."

        - William Blake, "Proverbs of Hell," 1793