Re: [gtk-list] Re: GtkText

You totally misquoted me, and missed the point.  Originally, you said:

	> It would eliminate the necessity of reinventing the
	> wheel by writing a new text edit widget from scratch.

My statement about Scintilla being a new text widget from scratch was
meant to address the issue of reinventing the wheel.  In this case,
since Scintilla is written from scratch (in that it has little or no
relationship to the current GTK text widget), the wheel has already
been reinvented.  What we don't know if this is the *correct* wheel
that serves the purpose as a widget within GTK.  From a cursory glance
at the code and features, it is not.

regards,
--andy