Re: [gtk-list] GLIB AND GTK INSTALLATIOn GONE MAD....

If you have root (and it sounds like you do), I'd highly recommend using
an RPM instead, which can be found in the binaries/ directory on the ftp
servers, IIRC.

If you're running Mandrake and have the glib and gtk .tar.gz files, you
can also do the following:

% su

# rpm -ta --target=i386 glib-1.2.6.tar.gz

[wait....]

# rpm -Uvh /usr/src/RPM/RPMS/i386/glib-*

# rpm -ta --target=i386 gtk+-1.2.6.tar.gz

[wait...]

# rpm -Uvh /usr/src/RPM/RPMS/i386/gtk+-*

That should do it.  Personally, I favor RPMs (or some form of packaging)
for darn near everything--*much* less hassle.

--Mike