Re: GLIB AND GTK INSTALLATIOn GONE MAD....

Tosin Osinubi wrote:

> Could any provide their assistance to my problem, I am trying to install
> gimp
> 1.1.13 upon my linux workstation, I have 1.1.9 on win98, but want it on
> linux, but so far it wasn't gone well at all, in fact I'm still at the
> stage,
> of trying to install gtk 1.2.6 after installing glib-1.2.6 .
>
> The problem is that the ./configure part of installing gtk is giving me
> errors that I can't make any sense of.
>
> 1) I first installed a source distribution of glib-1.2.6, apparently nothing
> went wrong, I didn't receive any error messages, I then went on and
> uninstalled my binary distribution of glib 1.1.3 through kpackage, (which I
> probably should had gone first, but had hopes that the install would
> overwrite any previous installation), and then executed ldconfig

  But, when you uninstalled 1.1.3, weren't all the files common to
1.2.6 and 1.1.3 removed? (I don't know, I would say "yes"). So when
you config gtk-1.2.6, it doesn't find these files.

  Maybe you could try :

  cd FOO/glib-1.2.6
  make install              # Install glib-1.2.6 over again
  cd BAR/gtk+-1.2.4
  make clean
                            # Clean thouroughly the configuration
                            # based on the 1.1.3 and 1.2.6