Re: [gtk-list] Re: Need help in GTK-project

Joe Pfeiffer wrote:

> Bite the bullet, learn to use pointers.  It'll be painful, but in a
> year you'll wonder why you ever hesitated.

I already learned about pointers... I know it's painfull ;-)
But as I mentioned before: I only used pointers in those tiny little
'introductory' programs we got to do at school ;-)
So are you suggesting here that I should change the value of portstatus
by using pointers and declare portstatus local to main?
Problem is that I don't quite now how my callback functions should look
like then.  should I keep them in the form callback(GtkWidget *widget,
gpointer data) and do the necessary casting in the body ?
And how about the gtk_signal_connect()'s then, how to pass my arguments
if I use pointers to change portstatus ?

Greetzzz
MC303

--
Bart Vandewoestyne		http://hello.to/MC303