Re: [gtk-list] Re: a few questions...

On Sat, Dec 11, 1999 at 02:30:07AM -0500,
Valdis.Kletnieks@vt.edu <Valdis.Kletnieks@vt.edu> wrote:
> On Sat, 11 Dec 1999 00:19:43 +0100, Antonio Campos <acampos@ceronet.com>  said:
> > * How can I know that a button if being pressed continuously? I know
> > that a
> > button emits the "clicked" and "pressed" signals. But     how do I know
> > that
> > the user is holding the button pressed in a continuously way?. The
> > arrows of
> > scroll widgets allow this behavior, but I don't see a way to do this
> > with
> > the buttons.
>
> The mouse is spring loaded.  If you see a "clicked", they pushed
> down.  The instant you've see a release event, they've let go.

Not quite. "clicked" is emitted when the button is pressed and released;
if they hold it down you will only get a "pressed" signal, and then
"released" when they release the button.

--
Eric Gillespie, Jr. <*> epg@pobox.com

All hail the Dollar, King of the Earth.

PGP signature