a few questions...

Hello to all of you, and happy Y2K...

I'm beginning in the GTK world by reading the tutorial, which has
brought
me to some questions:

* How can I know that a button if being pressed continuously? I know
that a
button emits the "clicked" and "pressed" signals. But     how do I know
that
the user is holding the button pressed in a continuously way?. The
arrows of
scroll widgets allow this behavior, but I don't see a way to do this
with
the buttons.

* In the function:
   void gtk_progress_set_show_text (GtkProgress *progress, gint
show_text).
   Wouldn't it be more logical if show_text was a gboolean, instead of a

gint?

* When you have some columns like those in GTOP (labeled PID, MEM, Time,

etc.), and you shrink the column of "Time" (for instance) , you only see

part of the word "Time". For example, you see "im".
Wouldn't it be nicer to see something like "T..."? And without cutting
the
letters of the word. I mean, that something like "Ti...", with the "i"
semi-cutted followed by "...", should not appear. Instead, either
"Ti..."
(with the full letter "i") or "T..." (with the full letter "i" not shown
in
the word) should appear.

* An annoying fact about paned windows is that they behave like Motif
ones.
They have a very little box to resize them.
  I think the Windows-like-behavior of these paned windows would be
clearer
to the user. You can resize them through all of their length, not only
through this little box.