Running Gtk-Perl-0.6123 on Digital Unix

Hi,

I've looked through the mailing list archives and on the Web with no luck, so I
hope this message is appropriate. The package compiles cleanly (after some
arguments with 'ar'), however, 'make test' dumps core on the line

$main_window = new Gtk::Window -toplevel;

A little poking around shows that the problem is in GtkTypes.c:

int gtnumber_for_ptname(char * perlTypeName)
{
   dTHR;

   SV ** result;
   int gtkTypeNumber;
      char * gtkTypeName;
      gtkTypeInitFunc tif;
      result = hv_fetch(gtinit_by_gtname, gtkTypeName, strlen(gtkTypeName), 0);

      if (!result || !SvOK(*result)) /* Weird */
         return 0;

      tif = (gtkTypeInitFunc)SvIV(*result);
      gtkTypeNumber = tif();

      complete_types(gtkTypeNumber, perlTypeName, 0);
}

The program seg faults on the line
   gtkTypeNumber = tif();

gtkTypeInitFunc is defined as

   typedef guint (*gtkTypeInitFunc)(void);

Presumably the program segfaults because digital unix wants function pointers
to be of type 'long int' rather than 'unsigned int', but changing the typedef
doesn't seem to fix the problem (nor does anything else I've tried). The README
for the package suggests writing to this mailing list about bugs, but if I
should write directly to the author, please let me know :) Any help would be
greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

   David Packer