Re: [gtk-list] Re: gtk_widget_set_state() with GNOME generated menus.

On Sun, 5 Dec 1999, Neil Hodgson wrote:

>    I'm one of the culprits here - not because I can't change the menu state
> but because I can't see how to maintain the menu in sync with the clipboard
> state since the X/GTK+ clipboard is asynchronous.
>
>    Is there an easy way to be notified when there is something available to
> paste?

We probably need a nice API for finding out when to change menu item
sensitivity, and also so people can easily perform copy/paste operations.
gtkselection.h is a bit low-level. Also there's the issue of cut/paste for
data types other than plain text; a cute interface for that would be nice
too.

Sigh. Add it to the huge TODO list in the sky...

Havoc