Re: [gtk-list] gtk_widget_set_state() with GNOME generated menus.

Chris Phelps writes

> Lately I have noticed that many gnome developers neglect to disable menu
> items that arent usable. Cut/Copy/Paste is one of the best examples.
> Paste is usually enabled even when there is nothing on the clipboard.

   I'm one of the culprits here - not because I can't change the menu state
but because I can't see how to maintain the menu in sync with the clipboard
state since the X/GTK+ clipboard is asynchronous.

   Is there an easy way to be notified when there is something available to
paste?

   Neil