Re: [gtk-list] Re: Performance characteristics of gtk_container_add for GtkList

On Sat, Aug 28, 1999 at 01:58:13PM -0400, Federico Mena Quintero wrote:

> in which it is *not* a bug, but I assume you meant GtkList instead of

Yes, I mentioned it in terms of the internal child list for a GtkList
probably geing a GList that is appended to for a gtk_container_add().

> In any case, if you are having performance problems, then it very
> likely means that you have a lot of items in your GtkList.  You should

I've got several hundred items in up to five or six lists.

> use GtkCList instead if possible.

Unfortunately, this is for a GtkCombo. Are there plans to port
GtkCombo to GtkCList sometime?

m.

--
"How wonderful! How mysterious                                   Programmer
 I carry wood! I draw water!"                   Loki Entertainment Software