Re: [gtk-list] rewrite question:how to attach a pixmap to a GtkWindow as the background

Jiang XU wrote:

> I want to attach a pixmap to a GtkWindow as the background, there is
> a function 'gdk_window_set_back_pixmap` , but this function
> 'gdk_window_set_back_pixmap` only supports GdkWindow.
> But my application is using GtkWindow which let me can add
> other widgets to the window.
>
> So I wonder how I can attach a pixmap to a GtkWindow as the background?
> Or, How to get the associate GdkWindow from a GtkWindow, so that I can
> use that function?
> Or, How to create a GtkWindow from a GdkWindow which is already get a
> pixmap background by using that function.
> Or, any other way?
>
> In struct _GtkWidget, there is a parameter called GdkWindow *window.
> But, if using 'windows1=gtk_window_new(..)' it won't set that parameter,
>
> which means windows1->window=NULL, it does not
> link to a GdkWindow, and same as button,table.....

I believe you should call

gtk_widget_realize ( windows1 );

after windows1 = gtk_window_new (...) before you check
the value of windows1->window;

Todd.

--
   | Todd Dukes                      E-MAIL:  tdukes@ibmoto.com |
   | Motorola Somerset                  Phone:   (512) 424-8008 |