Re: [gtk-list] Re: compile problems on SunOS 5.7

> From: Owen Taylor <otaylor@redhat.com>
>

> Tim Janik <timj@gtk.org> writes:
>
> > REBUILD=\#
> > if test -n "$PERL" && perl -v | grep 'version 5.' > /dev/null ; then
> >   if test -n "$AWK" ; then
> >     REBUILD=\#
> >   fi
> > fi
> >
> > you should reextract the tarball before hand, because the last time you
> > tried building gtk, your perl version possibly caused gtktypebuiltins_evals.c
> > or other autogenerated files to be overwritten with grabage.
> >
> > i'll add a --disable-rebuild option to the configure.in now ;)
>
> We need to find out what perl version works and what doesn't, and
> put the appriopriate check in the configure script.

It works fine on my RH 5.2 (with all updates including 2.2 kernel)
Linux box at home.  perl --version on it returns:
This is perl, version 5.004_05 built for i386-linux

On the Sun at work, perl -v returns:
This is perl, version 5.001

On it, it didn't work "out of the box", but did work after editing the
configure script as Tim suggested above.

HTH,
Dave