Re: [gtk-list] Re: compile problems on SunOS 5.7

Dave Reed wrote:

> Correction - 1.2.4 won't compile using gcc 2.8.1 on any of the Suns,
> but it does compile fine on my RH 5.2 Linux box at home.
>
> Any suggestions?
Which version of perl is installed ?
You should have at least Perl 5.004.x to compile and install
GTK-1.2.[34].
Had a very similar problem on FreeBSD which uses perl version 4 for
some reason.
Unfortunately, the Makefile expects (hard coded) that perl is
in /usr/bin/perl :-(
I couldn't find a way to do a 'configure --perl=/usr/local/bin/perl'
to keep both versions on the same machine easily.

HTH,

Norbert.

--
Norbert Bladt		 Payphone Management System Software Development
ascom Autelca AG