ANNOUNCE: MagiCapture 0.3.1

See below for the README file.

Thanks,
--Arthur

README for MagiCapture Version 0.3.1
====================================

    MagiCapture Version 0.3.1, A Screen Capture And Preview Utility
    Copyright (C) 1999 Arthur Jerijian

    (at your option) any later version.

    Foundation, Inc., 59 Temple Place, Suite 330, Boston, MA  02111-1307  USA

MagiCapture is a screen capture and preview utility for the X Window System.
A user may capture a single window, a single window with decorations, a
rectangular region of the display, or the entire display itself. The user
may save the captured image into a graphics file supported by the
ImageMagick toolkit, which supports most (if not all) popular graphics
formats. MagiCapture uses the GLIB and GTK+ libraries for the user
interface and the ImageMagick and GdkMagick libraries for all graphics
processing.

The latest version of MagiCapture is available at the MagiCapture home page,
located at the following Web site:

	http://home.earthlink.net/~lightmanaj/MagiCapture

NOTE: This is an ALPHA TEST release of MagiCapture. I do not expect
this software to function properly in all cases, as it is still under
development and many features are not yet implemented. I take no
responsibility for any damages resulting from the use of this software.

This ALPHA TEST release of MagiCapture is protected under the GNU General
Public License (GPL). In the future, I may provide an option to cover
MagiCapture under a less restrictive license, similar to the license
agreements for ImageMagick and the X Window System.

The following components are required to build and run MagiCapture:

* GNU sed, GNU make, and GNU CC. These packages are highly recommended
  for proper configuration and building of MagiCapture. You may use
  other versions of sed, make, and cc, but they haven't been tested
  and may cause possible problems during configuration and building.
  The latest GNU utilities are available at the following download
  site:

	ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu

* X Window System Version 11 Release 5 or greater. This version of
  MagiCapture was tested using XFree86 3.3.3.1 on Linux and the
  default X11R5 distribution on Solaris 2.5.1.

* GLIB and GTK+ version 1.2 or greater. The latest releases of GLIB and
  GTK+ are available at the following download site:

	ftp://ftp.gtk.org/pub/gtk

* The ImageMagick API version 4.2.8 or greater. ImageMagick version 4.2.7
  is known to have some problems, including the inability to save
  screen captures into PNG files. It is unknown at this point whether
  this is a bug in ImageMagick 4.2.7 or in MagiCapture.

  The latest version of ImageMagick is available at the follwoing
  download site:

	ftp://ftp.wizards.dupont.com/pub/ImageMagick

* The GdkMagick API version 0.2 or greater. The latest release of
  GdkMagick is available at the following Web page:

	http://home.earthlink.net/~lightmanaj/GdkMagick

If you have any questions, comments, suggestions, or bug reports,
don't hesitate to send me (Arthur Jerijian) e-mail. My e-mail address is:

	lightmanaj@earthlink.net

I hope you enjoy using this software!