Re: [gtk-list] Re: saving/restoring window position

Tim Janik <timj@gtk.org> wrote:

> you want to save the position of the window managers decoration
> window, which can be aquired through
> gdk_window_get_deskrelative_origin().

I cannot get this to work. I currently use
gdk_window_get_root_origin(), gdk_window_get_size(), and
gdk_window_move_resize() which works for me but someone (who is using
a different window manager) reported that the window jumps
incorrectly, and even almost off screen.

Isn't there some window manager independent way to put the window back
to exactly where it was when the program was closed?

--
Mvh. Anders