Re: [gtk-list] Re: saving/restoring window position

Tim Janik <timj@gtk.org> writes:
> gdk_window_get_position() returns the position of the actuall gtk
> window, while gdk_window_move() will actually determine the position
> of the window mananagers window for toplevels.  you want to save the
> position of the window managers decoration window, which can be
> aquired through gdk_window_get_deskrelative_origin().

Actually, what he may want is to save the gdk_window_get_position, and
then be able to move the window to a set position regardless of the
window manager's decoration size.  That way, changing the window
manager or its decoration characteristics would not change the
position of the actual window content.  I can see both requirements.
Are both effects possible?

-----
Andrew Thomas, President, Cogent Real-Time Systems Inc.
2430 Meadowpine Boulevard, Suite 105, Mississauga, Ontario, Canada L5N 6S2
Email: andrew@cogent.ca    WWW: http://www.cogent.ca