Re: gtk 1.2.2 BUG RedHat Bug?

Martin Svensson <cthunder@telia.com> writes:

> Hello,
>
> I just installed RedHat 5.1 (have tried with 6.0 too) 'out of the box'
> and i get some really wierd errors.
>
> I have everything included in these two log files. Please have a look
> cause i am stuck and cannot install gtk.

(why would you just install RedHat 5.1? ... it's long out
 of date and many bugs have been fixed since then.)

If you have RH 6.0, the easiest thing to do is just to install
the included gtk+ RPMS. (gtk+ will be installed by default,
in fact, you just need the -devel packages for X, glib and
GTK+).

The problem you are seeing when compiling is that you don't
have the X development libraries and headers installed.
So, you need to install the XFree86-devel package.

Regards,
                                        Owen