Transparency

When I want to clear an area to the background color, is it safe to
just use widget->style->fg_gc[0]? This produces quite usable colors,
but of course with pixmap themes it doesn't quite work out
right. Maybe a gdk_clear_area() or something.

On the same track, is widget->style->fg[0].pixel the best way to get
this sort of color data for a quick and dirty 1-bit alpha hack?

m.

--
"How wonderful! How mysterious                                   Programmer
 I carry wood! I draw water!"                   Loki Entertainment Software