Re: [gtk-list] Help with gtk install

On Sun, 15 Aug 1999, cedric wrote:
> /etc/ld.so.conf contains the following line:
> 	/usr/local/glib-1.2.3/tests
> I am a newbie and know nothing about LD_LIBRARY_PATH.
> man LD_LIBRARY_PATH did nothing and the book I paid $35 for is usless.

Try:

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/glib-1.2.3/lib:/usr/local/gtk-1.2.3/lib

etc., for each library location. Or add those locations to /etc/ld.so.conf
and run 'ldconfig' as root.

Compiling stuff yourself is really fairly complicated; if you don't know
about libraries and so forth I'd really recommend using Debian or RPM
packages. (Assuming you want things to just work with a minimum of
hassle.)

Havoc