Re: [gtk-list] NEWBIE: Global Clipboard

Matt Long wrote:

> Somone on this list was kind enough to explain to me how to implement
> Copy/Paste in my application, however, I forgot to point out that I want
> to be able to make that information that I copy to the clipboard
> available to other applications. Does GTK+ have such an API?
>
> This is what I used:
>
> gtk_editable_copy_clipboard (GTK_EDITABLE (text));
> gtk_editable_paste_clipboard (GTK_EDITABLE (text));
>
> But they don't seem to export to a "global clipboard". They work fine
> within the app, but not to get the data to other apps.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> -Matt
>
> --

Hi,

I wrote a gtk appl. in which I connected the special SUNkeys (cut/copy/paste)
with the gtk_editable... functions and it worked all right.
Even when you use a lot of different applications.
Probably you know that, but there is a nice little prg. for seeing the
clipboard (and what has been it it before...) named xclipboard.
I used it to control what the cut,copy,paste keys were doing.

Regards
Daniel Hops