Re: [gtk-list] IDEs?

----- Original Message -----
From: John C Atkeson <jcatkeson@juno.com>
To: <gtk-list@redhat.com>
Sent: Tuesday, August 03, 1999 10:56 PM
Subject: [gtk-list] IDEs?

>   I'm compiling my gtk programs with Cygwin gcc in Windows (to be later
> ported to Linux and Irix).
>
>   Notepad is starting to suck. ;-)   Would anybody recommend their
> favorite IDE for this sort of thing?
>   Has anybody tried gide (gtk IDE) yet?

Besides Emacs which I my personal favorite, and about which I also posted
some information, many people like Grasp from
http://www.eng.auburn.edu/department/cse/research/grasp/grasp.html

Grasp stands for Graphical Representations of Algorithms, Structures
and Processes, and besides providing an environment in which you can
compile or make, the tool can format your code with graphical annotations
showing loops, conditional execution, returns, etc., useful for code
reviews, etc.  Grasp is also available for both UNIX flavors and Win32.

David C. Hoos, Sr.