Re: pbms on freebsd w/ threads

As the well known Norbert Bladt said...
->Emmanuel DELOGET wrote:
->>
->> Hi, Lords,
->>
->> Everything below apply to freebsd boxes (tested on
->> 2.2.8, but should apply to 2.2.x and 3.x)
->>
->> I have it. Before anything, a fast rewind :
->> after a succesfull install of gtk-1.2.2 on my freebsd
->> 2.2.8 box, I experienced some problems in some
->> configure scripts (such as the one of the gimp 1.0.4,
->> imlib 1.9.4, and so on...). These configure script failed
->> on the version detection, giving the message "success in
->> compil, failed to run.". The problem was not related to
->> a bad install, but to some nasty side-effect of a
->> 'thread-enable' compilation of gdk.
->[snip]
->
->Thank you very much for this explanation. I'll wait with upgrading
->after your tests are done.
	They are not finished yet.I have changed getc() to fgetc()
	(using fgetc() instead of getc() seems better, since
	fgetc() is a function and getc() a macro) and then
	experienced some *very* strange things...

	First, a big crash in gtkrc.c (seg fault, because
	setlocale(LC_MESSAGES,NULL) returned NULL... I have
	LC_MESSAGES, and it is not recognised by setlocale() ?)
	Once I had corrected that, I experienced some other crash on
	the examples/ : 13 of them (waow !) gave me garbage (assert failed)
	and then seg faulted... I don't know where is the problem...
	Linking them with the threaded library does not help,
	and I don't think that using fgetc() instead of getc() is the
	problem ! (the problem, in fact, seems to be related to the
	gtk_type_is_a() function. Some GTK_TYPE_xxx values are
	not found in the widget hierarchy, so this function return
	false, and since the examples does not do extensive return
	code checking, they seg fault...).

	So... I'll try to correct these next week, since I have only
	a linux box at home. I wanna know if some gtk guru could help
	me on this [thanks].

	On today, my patches about the glib configure and the gdk
	getc() are located at http://www.dotcom.fr/~pixel. If you
	experienced the same problems, you could try them.

	Regards,
->
->Norbert.
->
->--
->Norbert Bladt		 Payphone Management System Software Development
->ascom Autelca AG
->Worbstrasse 201		 CH-3073 Guemligen, Switzerland
->abladtn@autelca.ascom.ch VOICE: +41 31 999 6552, FAX: +41 31 999 6575
->
->--
->To unsubscribe: mail -s unsubscribe gtk-list-request@redhat.com < /dev/null
->

   Emmanuel DELOGET [pixel] pixel@{dotcom.fr,epita.fr}  ----  DotCom SA
         http://www.epita.fr/~pixel | http://www.dotcom.fr/~pixel
"On the last day, God created Linux. And Microsoft won its antitrust case"