Re: [gtk-list] configure.guess fails after kernel2.2.5 upgrade.

On Wed, 21 Apr 1999 22:03:35 -0600, gtk-list@redhat.com (Robin P. Reagan) wrote:
> I have a RH5.2 i586 system that I just updated the kernel to 2.2.6 (from
> 2.0.36) after upgrading to gcc 2.8.1. I went to rebuild my glib-1.2.2
> and the configure fails to guess the host type? I tried looking through
> config.guess to no avail (It does not return anything).
> I looked at my last build of gtk-1.2.1 (I had "clean"ed my glib tree)
> and found that it was using "i586-pc-linux-gnu". Is this the correct
> host string? and why did upgrading the kernel break the config.guess?

Hmm, strange, I haven't got those problems on my Debian 2.1 box with
linux-2.2.5 (sorry folks, not yet upgraded ;-). Sounds like an outdated
config.guess. Anyway, the workaround is to tell configure the host type:

 ./configure [all kind of other flags] i586-pc-linux-gnu

Erik

Phone: +31-15-2785859  Fax: +31-15-2781843  Email J.A.K.Mouw@its.tudelft.nl