Best way to display video

Hello,

	I am looking to write a simple video viewer for my project work.
I'm not thinking of doing anything fancy, just being able to display
uncompressed YUV sequences (with or without a header) and possibly in
conjunction with an H263 implementation I'm writing.

	What is the best way to do this?  I've been looking at some of
the gdk_imlib stuff which displays things by setting the background
pixmap in a drawing area widget.  I'd prefer not to use imlib if I can
because I don't really need anything much from it and I find it leads
to the Solaris X server crashing spectacularly (although if not having
it means I need to deal with colour allocation then I guess I'll keep
it).  My guess is the best way to do things is to have an idle
function to trigger the displaying of the next frame in a sequence.

	Any ideas?

--
James Macnicol
j-macnicol@adfa.edu.au