Re: Optionmenu question

> Mad Matt <md7141@Bristol.ac.uk> on 04/18/99 10:08:09 PM
>
> Please respond to gtk-list@redhat.com
>
> To:   gtk-list@redhat.com
> cc:    (bcc: Robert Gasch/PeopleSoft)
> Subject:  [gtk-list] Optionmenu question
>
> I'm having real trouble working out what the currently selected item in
> an option menu is. I can set the active item, but not retrieve it.
>
> I've searched the tutorial but there doesn't seem to be much on option
> menu's specifically, can anyone help me?

There are two approaches:

 1) Connect to "activate" on each menu item and remember
    which one was selected last.

 2) Dig around in the widget guts a bit.

Below is a function I recently used.

Regards,
                                        Owen

=====
/* This really should be in GTK+
 */
static gint
option_menu_get_history (GtkOptionMenu *option_menu)
{
	GtkWidget *active_widget;

	g_return_val_if_fail (GTK_IS_OPTION_MENU (option_menu), -1);

	active_widget = gtk_menu_get_active (GTK_MENU (option_menu->menu));

	if (active_widget)
		return g_list_index (GTK_MENU_SHELL (option_menu->menu)->children,
				     active_widget);
	else
		return -1;
}