Re: [gtk-list] Re: file selector

In message <Pine.HPP.3.96n.990414170547.12475B-100000@mlucom6.urz.uni-halle.de>
          Andreas Tille <tille@physik.uni-halle.de> wrote:

> > * single-click to switch dirs in dir-list
> >     - heck, I prefer it anyway
> Me, too.  If I could write down a dram here, I'd like to navigate in
> the way Midnight Commander does.  Switch the windows with <Tab> and

Why not just provide a space where you could drag and drop a file from
a file manager? That way file selection only needs to be done in one
place (the file manager).

Saving could also be done by providing an icon which could be dragged
and dropped to the filer.

(This works very well in the RISC OS operating system, but would likely
be a shock to Windows users. RISC OS has no load dialog - you just drop
from the filer, and the save dialog is a tiny filer window with the one
file icon and an 'OK' button to save to the last place you saved to.
Some apps also provide a 'Kill' icon, and the save dialog is
automatically presented if you close an unsaved document.)

Just a thought:)
~A.

   / Ainsley Pereira       /   aka Marble on Snowplains   /
  /                       / telnet://snowplains.org:3456 /